Pages

Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Today


 

A few things that caught my attention today.
 
Scentimental
Scentimental looks extra good today and doesn't smell too bad either. It is a sweet bush rose which so far (6 years) has given me absolutely no problems at all.


The name says it all with Fragrant Cloud. It has a heady scent and still delivers a gorgeous cut flower . You can't ask for much more than that.




And although not sweet or beautiful in the traditional sense, I found the ants rather cute drinking out of one of my birdbaths. They were lined up all around the edge of the water. This birdbath is at ground level and probably sees more action from ground dwellers than the birds. It is also right under a gum tree and becomes dirty quite quickly because of the leaves which fall into it. Matters not, something is relying on it for a drink so I'll keep it topped up.
I hope you have had a nice day.
Tracy

9 comments:

Joolz said...

Oh, wow! I have never seen Scentimental before, that is just beautiful. Looks like paint spatters or strawberry ripple icecream...

Jeanette said...

Gorgeous roses. Love the look of scentimental, I've not seen it before. Must see if I can find one. Hugs, xx

Lisa said...

Scentimental reminds me of Rosa Mundi, a very old (hundreds of years) rose which naturally stripes like that.

Staci@LifeAtCobbleHillFarm said...

The photo of the Scentimental is just beautiful!! The ants made me smile. :)

Fiona said...

what a beautiful rose...and what an apt name... I love that ants picture....
Hugz

Sue Frelick said...

The roses are lovely, but that picture of the ants sipping at the bird bath is priceless. :-)

Sharon said...

Wow I love that first rose its stunning x

Our Neck of the Woods said...

So gorgeous! I love the name scentimental - how perfect. :)

trishie said...

Sentimental looks gorgeous! And how cute are the line of ants