Pages

Thursday, January 26, 2017

Sowing day

I probably should have a sewing day (maybe a little bit of sewing later). The weather is absolutely delightful today. Gone is the heat ... for now. 





It's steady rain now. I know because I was caught out in it. I actually love walking in the rain.

On to sowing. I really wanted to get out in the garden today while the sun is hiding but I'm happy enough to get some seeds going for the autumn. A whole heap of brassicas- cauliflowers, Brussels sprouts, cabbage, broccoli. Makes my mouth water thinking about them.


I also started a new batch of sprouts. I'm not really a fan of gadgets but I really like this sprouting container. I bought it with a gift card a couple of years ago. It certainly makes sprouting less messy. Today's sprouts on the go- alfalfa, broccoli and mung beans (my favourite).

As for sewing. I think I will do a little when I go offline. I love bunting and have a few scraps that I think would make perfect bunting.

Anything that takes my mind off things that have been troubling me of late. The big things that little old me in the middle of nowhere can do little about. Just keep calm and continue to do the right thing.

Tracy

3 comments:

Chookyblue...... said...

how do you keep the seeds moist.......it's so hot I think mine would dry out to much when at work and not able to keep a closer eye on them.......forget one water and they would be gone.........
cooler day here but pretty humid.......no rain....wished we could have a drizzly day........heaven......

Amy at love made my home said...

Hope you enjoy the rain and the sewing time it gives you!

kiwikid said...

Tracy maybe you can help me, I had a sprouter like that and as the seeds sprouted they went mouldy..I could not figure out how to stop it. I love fresh mung beans too. Love your misty weather photos. Hope the troubles take them selves away.